Tuesday, April 3, 2012

God Loves Me ... This I Know?

I know it might seem silly or simple, but the most significant AHA moment, thus far, happened about 6 years ago when I realized that God Loves Me. Period. God loves me. There are no, “if’s, and’s or but’s.” Sure, most of us think we know this, but I only knew it in my head. I didn’t accept it as Truth. I thought he was ashamed of me. You see, I always heard a voice in my head saying “You’re not good enough.” So, I was constantly striving to be better. I was seeking to EARN acceptance from the Father. Not eternal life, because I knew I was saved, but approval. I just wanted him to be proud of me. I am pleased to say that I have received revelation in this area and it’s been the most precious gift He could have given me.

Ephesians 3:18-19 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. 19 May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

God can not love you any more or less than he does at this very moment. His love for you is throughout the bible, for He IS Love. No more condemnation! No matter what I do or have done, I know that I know that I know that He loves me. I accept it! I can say it with complete confidence and no one or thing can take it away from me! How did this become revelation? It was little by little and only through actually meditating on the thought that God loves me. You have to meditate on his Love - be still and let him show you - in order to experience it. (A little technique I picked up from Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer)

Application: Do you really believe God Loves You? All of You? The good, the bad AND the ugly? Do you ACCEPT it as Truth (Believe it to your core) and NEVER doubt it?

Humor me. Stop what you are doing and just say the name (outloud) "Jesus." Wait a few moments and think about Him. Or, if you have the time right now, follow this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCg3HU1jhVA&feature=related
to Natalie Grant's "Your Great Name," listen and speak His name with the song. What do you feel? Is it thankfulness, praise, comfort? Or is it guilt and condemnation? If God's love has not become revelation to you (you feel guilt and condemnation), I urge you to meditate on this simple Truth. John 3:16 For God so loved the world," that he sent you "Jesus," his son, to be the ultimate and perfect sacrifice to cover your sins. All of your sin. As Joyce Meyer says,"God knew what he was getting when He made you."

To meditate means to contemplate, ponder, think on, turn over and over in your mind. I challenge you for the next 7 days to take a few minutes each day and be still. Think on this one thought, "God Loves Me". Throughout your week, when doubt creeps in, say it again. And again. After one week, please share your experiences. My hope is that this 7 day challenge will become a new daily habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment