Thursday, May 23, 2013

Enough for me

Hey Everyone. While I've been quiet in my posting for a few weeks, God has notHe is always speaking. What has He been speaking to me lately? 




Balance? YES! 
Putting Him First? YES! 
The Revelation that He is enough for me? YES! (I so want to GET this!).  
 Let me share two quotes He has placed on my heart...


 Quote#1
 "I know you are all I have. but I don't know you ENOUGH for you to be all I need."  - Finding God, Larry Crabb


What holds me back from KNOWING that God is all I need?
  • When I'm not receiving the love, affection and acceptance that I need from my husband, my kids, my parents, my friends, my accomplishments, etc.... I hear God asking me "Am I not enough for you?"
  • When I'm lonely, tired, stressed and tempted to woof down a 1/2 gallon of ice cream with magic shell on top - I hear God asking me "Am I not enough for you?"

TRUTH: God IS all I need.  
  • In Christ, you (I) have been brought to fullness  Col 2:10
  • Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4
  • I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord Phil 3:7-10

God's Word is powerful (Hebrews 4:12) and it does not return void (Isaiah 55:11). However, if we don't read it...claim it... receive it,  then it's not true for us. We need revelation...for the eyes of your hearts to be enlightened (Eph 1:18).

Quote #2
"You have access to as much of Me as you have faith to receive." -Jesus Calling Devotional, Sarah Young


 Let that sink in for a minute. Wow. This quote hit me hard. I don't have "as much," ONLY because I have not received!  To receive is an act of faith....Oh Me of little faith!!!

Faith is defined as complete trust or confidence in (google). Don't let the word "complete" condemn you - this journey we are on is a process.
Phil 1:6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

DID YOU KNOW? Faith is a gift from God. It is not from ourselves (Eph 2:8 ; Romans 12:3) ... but we must CHOOSE to receive it. He is waiting to give, we just have to ask for it ... all of it ...and accept it like a child at Christmas time.  Matthew 18:2-3



HOW DO WE INCREASE OUR FAITH?
Matthew 7:7 Keep on asking and it will be given you; keep on seeking and you will find; keep on knocking [reverently] and [the door] will be opened to you.
  • ASK Him - Pray for Him to increase your faith. 
  • SEEK -Learn God's Word and His promises. Don't just listen and read the word, do what it says (James 1:22)
  • KNOCK - Be persistant and expectant. Keep asking. Thank Him in advance for His gift IN you that continues to grow. 

More Verses on Faith Matthew 21:21, Hebrews 11:1, 1 Peter 1:22, 1 Cor 2:5

"You have access to as much of Me as you have faith to receive."  
-Jesus Calling Devotional, Sarah Young

WHAT DO WE HAVE ACCESS TO?  

I'm just touching the surface of what's available to us - ASK, SEEK and KNOCK for all that He has for you. (Click on the verse links for the complete passage as well as other translations.)


KNOWING GOD
Epheisians 1:17-21 I keep asking him to give you the wisdom and understanding that come from the Holy Spirit. I want you to know God better. I also pray that your mind might see more clearly. Then you will know the hope God has chosen you to receive. You will know that the things God’s people will receive are rich and glorious. And you will know his great power ...

GOD'S LOVE
Romans 8:38-39 I am absolutely sure that not even death or life can separate us from God’s love...

FREEDOM & THE ABUNDANT LIFE
John 8:31-32 If you abide in My word [hold fast to My teachings and live in accordance with them], you are truly My disciples. And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free.
Galatians 5:1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
John 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

HEALING
James 5:15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.




COMPLETE DEPENDENCE & TRUST
Prov 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. 
Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Matthew 11:28-30 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

GIVING
Luke 6:38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good amount will be poured into your lap. It will be pressed down, shaken together, and running over. The same amount you give will be measured out to you.”

Begin Asking, Seeking and Knocking today 
and recieve His promises! 

No comments:

Post a Comment