Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Cultivating Peace



I would like to introduce you to a fellow woman of God, Stephanie Haynes, Founder of Peace of Mind Ministries. She has an amazing passion and calling to help women who struggle with priorities and busyness. As most of you know, this is right up my alley right now. Read her guest post below and gleam some wisdom from this ministry. Wont you join me in learning how to live in peace amongst the chaos!?!?!?

“Be still and know that I am God” Psalm 46:10

Last week I read Aha! Moments’ Blog Post and my heart immediately went out to Christie and every other woman who could identify with her story. If you missed it, here’s a snippet…

I'm busy working on a ministry, writing a blog, taking care of my three children, maintaining healthy friendships, trying my best to keep the house in order, figuring out how to be a help-mate to my husband, and all the while praying for God to help me keep it all together.  

Oh how I know that place! The place where there’s so much to do and not enough time to do it and hoping God hears me and will somehow make it all work out the way I need it to so that the craziness will somehow just STOP…

God doesn’t work like that though.
He doesn’t want us to live for everything and everyone else and hope He will jump in and help. He wants us to live for Him and trust Him to work out whatever everyone and everything else needs.
That’s a huge paradigm shift!

I have lived the crazy life Christie wrote of and it almost killed me. At one point I was in danger of entering menopause, having a heart attack, on the verge of a divorce, and so angry and bitter I couldn’t stand my own children, much less my life. I couldn’t understand why God wasn’t intervening and making everything work out “right.” I was 33.

Today, at 43, I have an incredibly different life.  I am free from any threat of a heart attack, menopause is now naturally occurring instead of stress-induced, I have an incredible relationship with my children and I am still married to the same man. But, the most important thing is that amid the regular busyness of everyday life (and the occasional chaotic season) I have PEACE!

How? I chose to make the shift from putting everything else first and God last, to putting God first and letting Him tell me what came next.

Making the choice to live out of my own control was the easy part. Learning how to do it was the challenge. That’s why I chronicled my experience and what I learned in a 10-week Bible study called Cultivating Peace: Revealing God’s Peace within Your Chaos. In this study I share how out of control my life was and how, little by little, God infused my life with His Truth and cultivated His peace in my daily life. Using my own experiences, as well as the stories of the women I have met along the way, I walk through God’s truth in issues such as:

  •  How to live out of our own control without everything falling into chaos. 
  •  The lies we believe and how they affect the level of peace we feel.
  • What it really means to center our lives on God. 
  •  How to stop comparing our lives to anyone else’s and find peace within our own.
  • What personality types and love languages have to do with peace in our relationships.
  • What true peace really is.


If you feel like your life is more often full of chaos than peace, if you feel like God is distant, if you feel as if at any moment your choices could cause your schedule to come crashing down all around you, then this study is for YOU!

Of course, you may still feel like saying: Where on earth will I find the time to read??
I hear you! That’s why I have created all kinds of resource tools to help you!
  • Each session has its own free Video Teaching segment that you can watch when you need some peace right now in any area of your life.
  • Each chapter has Personal Reflection questions to help you discover God’s truth in a few short minutes.

  • Each chapter also has a corresponding memory verse to keep you centered on God all day long.

No matter how chaotic or out of control your life is today, God has a way to cultivate His peace within it. All He asks of you is to invite Him to take over:

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30

I pray you will make the choice to cultivate God’s peace within your life today!

Stephanie


Stephanie Haynes is the Founder of Peace of Mind Ministries, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping women cultivate God’s peace His way within their lives. She and her husband live in the Saint Louis area of Missouri with their daughter Taylor (15), son Christopher (11), and two crazy dogs. Stephanie promotes God’s message of peace through her blog, on Facebook and Twitter, and through speaking to groups such as MOPS and church women’s events and retreats. You can contact her with any questions related to this post via email at Stephanie@peaceofmindministries.com

No comments:

Post a Comment