Mission trips have truly changed the trajectory of my life. Two years ago, I came home from Togo, West Africa with a purpose – a vision to minister to women… And I am speechless and humbled by what he has allowed me to be a part of since getting off that plane. During my hiatus from world missions, God not only blessed us with a baby girl, but also revealed, stretched and challenged me to lead and minister locally.
God has given me a hunger to be stretched even more and removed from my comfort zone – For this is when we truly grow. I KNOW that God still has things He wants to do in and through me in Togo…. And have patiently waited for the opportunity to return. I’m excited to say the opportunity has come – I will be returning to Togo from February 26th till March 9th to participate in Medical Clinics as well as evangelism. Click here to contribute online
Seacoast Church is continuing it’s partnership with Pioneers Togo while in country and I am honored to partner with this amazing organization. Their specific mission is to go into unreached villages, plant missionary families to live among the Togolese, raise up disciples within the villages, and ultimately plant churches to continue sharing the gospel. Our medical clinics play a large role in their mission and results in much more than caring for the physically sick. Pioneers’ is able to leverage our medical teams to open the doors of villages that have in the past been closed off to Christian missionaries. While we are providing healthcare, medications, and treatment, Pioneers Togo team members are busy using the opportunity to preach the gospel and minister to the villagers.
As of right now, there are 20 people signed up to be a part of our team this February – the most ever. We are so excited about the extra manpower, because we will be able to do something we have never done. Our goal is to have ONGOING MINISTRY (men’s, women’s, children’s, discipleship, skits, teaching, etc.) being facilitated while each clinic is running.
This year, I will be taking on the role of Women’s Ministry Leader. The vision is to come up with ideas and resources to pour into, encourage and challenge each of these three groups of Togolese women.
- The Wives of the Pioneers Staff – they are often left to run the family while there husbands are hard at work and traveling. We want to create and bring them life-giving resources they can keep and use when we leave.
- The Village Missionaries Wives – While there husbands are being discipled by the Pioneers staff, many have no one to pour into them. We want to encourage, challenge, and stretch them to grow, while helping them learn to disciple women in their village.
- The Village Women who do not know Jesus.
This is just a small part of the ministry that will take place this year. The men and children’s ministry teams are hard at work as well. And, we are also fund-raising so French Bibles can be purchased ahead of time and shipped to the Togo Missionary House for distribution. How amazing it would be to have bibles available and ready to hand to people that are hungry for God's word.
GOD IS DOING GREAT THINGS IN TOGO ...
WILL YOU BE A PART OF IT?
For the families who give Tax Deductible Christmas/End of Year Gifts towards
missions, charities, organizations, please consider the Togolese and our
specific mission in your giving this year.
There are THREE ways you can be a part:
- PRAYER – Prayer is not the last resort, but the FIRST Defense. Please pray for the team in raising the money, protection, team unity, health, divine appointment, and open hearts… not only for the Togolese, but for each member of the Team. And of course for my financial and childcare provisions.
- FINANCIAL - In order to go, we need to raise $3400 per pereson (half of this amount needs to be raised this month to reserve plane tickets). This covers lodging, meals, air fare, medications, surgeries, etc. If you would like to partner with me in this, any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated and is 100% tax deductible. Please know that no amount is too small!
- CHILDCARE - Help with Allie during the week days and the boys after school. In 2011, I almost did not go because this was such a concern to me. However, I trusted and He provided through friends and family working in shifts. I believe He will provide again.
Be sure to select "Christie Michaud" on the drop down box