Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Day After

So... the big day is over... 
How is the day after leaving you feeling?
 
...depressed, let down, condemned, empty?

As mentioned earlier, I really struggle with building the "Big Day" up so much that my expectations cannot be met. This year, it wasnt so much expectations of my circumstances or events going on around me, but instead, expectations to give God my "whole" day in "every" single way. I wanted to be thinking of Him at every moment, include him in every conversation, action and thought. Did I succeed? NO. So I struggled with guilt all day.

Why can't I ever just give Him just one complete day?!?!? If Satan cannot get you with distractions, he will go the other route ... through guilt and condemnation. Thankfully I did remember that I am human, I have limitations and God knows my heart and intentions (even when my flesh gets in the way).

I opened my devotional this morning and there was confirmation of this truth.


Jesus Calling, Dec 26th

I AM THE GIFT  that continuously gives - bounteously, with no strings attached. Unconditional Love is such a radical concept that even My most devoted followers fail to grasp it fully. Absolutely nothing in heaven or on earth can cause Me to stop loving you. you may feel more loved when you are performing according to your expectations. But My Love for you is perfect; therefore it is not subject to variation. What does vary is your awareness of My loving Presence.

When you are dissatiffied with your behavior, you tend to feel unworthy of My Love, you may unconsciously punish yourself by withdrawing from Me and attributing the distance between us to My displeasure. Instead of returning to Me and receiving My Love, you attempt to earn My approval by trying  harder. All the while, I am aching to hold you in My everlasting arms, to enfold you in My Love. Whey you are feeling unworthy or unloved, come to Me. then ask for receptivitiy to My unfailing Love.

1 John 415-18, Deuteronomy 33:27, Psalm 13:5

Some truths stick out to me here.
  • NOTHING we can do (even disregarding our Savior on Christmas) can separate us from the Love of God. (Romans 8:38-39)

  • Jesus is our CONTINUOUS gift. Continuous is referred to as "unbroken whole or without interuption" - google. Even when we fail or "feel" like we fail one day, He is there in the moment and the next day unchanging. (Hebrews 13:8)

  • When you feel condemnation, NONE of it is from God. Infact, all he wants is for you to come to Him so He can love you. (Matthew 11:28-30)

So... what does your "Day After" look like? Are you sad? Disappointed? Lonely? Feeling Regret?

All he wants to do is fill us with love and joy every day this year. He wants us to recognize that His Birth is not about one day but about a continous gift that lasts 365 days each year! Let's be a continuous gift to Him this year. Not in deed, because we will fail, but in our hearts true motive and intention.

And when we do fail... "There will be NO condemnation for those who are Christ Jesus." (Romans 8:1)

Baby Countdown - 3 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment